Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Bryce Jaxon ~ April 23, 2011

Bryce,

I sat pondering the words to write for your first birthday letter just yesterday (1st birthday letter)…well, ok, a year ago, but it feels like yesterday! This second year has slipped between my fingers like the quick sand in an hour glass. Although some of my most favorite memories come from your first year, your second year does not trail behind as it has truly left me smiling at all your big boy accomplishments and fun memories that we have shared. I find it difficult to summarize your second year in a way that does it justice. If It was 20 years from now and I had to explain to you your second year, I guess it would go something like this…

I would tell you how excited we were to watch you take your first big boy steps. I wanted so badly to keep you a baby forever, but I shined with pride as I saw you take those first steps across our living room in Kawatuska (watch Bryce's first steps)! How fun it was to watch you walk from place to place and discover how to make your mom go crazy by making a total mess.

I would tell you about your favorite toys, and how you spent countless hours driving around in your Cozy Coupe. Or how you had a fascination with lawn mowers-one particular evening the only way to get you in the car was to safety belt your mower in the seat beside you. You loved your “Choos Choos” too! I loved how you would line them up from one side of the room to the other! Trucks were pretty cool also! Your daddy chuckles at the memory of you on Halloween night and how you seemed more excited with the passing trucks (stopping, pointing and making your own version of a truck sound), than you were by receiving handfuls of candy.

But, the memory I would be most excited to share with you from this second year would be the time that your little brown eyes looked up at me and said, “I love you”. I love the way you love me, Bryce. It’s ok to me that you have a bit of separation anxiety… that quick sand continues to fall and just.like.that…you’ll be three, than four, than five... Thankfully your daddy has given us the best gift in the whole wide world-for me to stay home with you. I’m so thankful that in this second year I haven’t missed a moment… because I know too well that in a blink of an eye you really will be 20, and the idea of this won't just be hypothetical!

Happy Birthday Big Boy! So thankful God handpicked YOU for ME! I love you!

Momma

1 comment:

Joeylee said...

awww that was so sweet, I know how you feel. Kaylee is right behind him. I cant believe she's going to be 2.

Happy 2nd Birthday Bryce, I hope you have a fantastic day! Happy Easter as well.

Follow Me!!