Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bryce's Birth Story...


After a night of bad back pain and horrible shooting pain, my water broke around 12:30am. Mark and I got our things together and headed to the hospital. On the way to the hospital I was nervous that I was experiencing false labor...but thought it would be best to check. Immediately upon arrival, the nurse checked to see if it was indeed my water that had broke. She confirmed that it was and then put us in a room- ROOM 232! She started putting what seemed to be a million monitors on me and then gave me sleepy medicine to get through the night. Poor Mark slept on a real uncomfortable couch...I on the other hand was complete OUT after the medication. I joked with the nurse about giving Mark a dose of the medication to help him sleep through the night as well. Mark reports sleeping only 1 hour that first night...poor daddy! I woke up around 7:30 and was told that my OBGYN would be in to check me. Around 8:30 she arrived and said that things were progressing well and that I was 90% effaced and dilated to a 3. Around 10:00am I thought I was going to DIE!! I truthfully didn't know if i would make it to see the next day (haha). The pain was indescribable...I paged the nurse to get the epidural, and they soon started fluids to get me ready. The nurse told me I had to wait 30 minutes. Let me just tell you...it was horrible (or let Mark tell you). I quickly paged that nurse back in the room and told her that I NEEDED SOMETHING NOW for the pain...she stalled until it was time to give me the epidural...i continued to cry :). As soon as I received that epidural, I felt AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Easy as cake. After a scary episode when some level of mine dropped (still not sure what level that nurse was talking about), I was put on oxygen. They started saying that the baby's heart was dropping and quickly put an internal monitor on my poor babies head. After about 20 minutes they took the oxygen off of me and I was told that things were better (still never really explained on what had happened). Shortly after my OBGYN came in and said that I was dilated to an 8, YES!!! and it didn't seem like no more than 20 minutes later I was able to start pushing. Pushing wasn't bad at all. I pushed for what seemed to be less than 20 minutes before Baby Bryce made his appearance at 2:36. Mark was completely supportive and surprisingly was able to stomach the whole thing. His love for Bryce is so attractive to me. I always knew I had a wonderful husband, but it wasn't until this experience that I really can't explain just how lucky I am.


Bryce is absolutely perfect. I can't stop staring at him. I love to undress him and look at his little toes, feel his soft skin, and be amazed at how this little guy was created inside of me. God has truly blessed us beyond words. I have had so many countless dreams about this little man, and I can't believe he's finally here!!


God Bless you baby Bryce!! Mommy and Daddy are so excited you're here!! Let the spoiling begin!!


2 comments:

Robin said...

I can't believe how beautiful your family is. I'm so happy for you guys!

Erin said...

Hey Taryn!
Congratulations!!! Bryce is beautiful! Isn't it absolutely amazing!!! Give me a call sometime so our boys can meet! Check out my miracle on http://babynicholasdaniel.shutterfly.com/

I can't seem to stop taking pictures of my little boy! Glad to see you are doing so well!
Erin

Follow Me!!